Blessed, and it's not even my birthday!
I've been trying to find the correct and accurate words to say. But searching doesn't mean you'll eventually have the right words, so I gave up searching. And I still found.
Through the experiences at Megalife's annual camp, an invitation to another camp service (of which I enjoyed a lot!), meet ups with people, early Christmas celebrations and family, I can only conclude that I am blessed.
Christmas.
I'm blessed, and it's not even my birthday.
It's amazing how people fail to realize that beauty is in all creation. I asked myself why it is so hard to literally come to a halt, to notice what God created for a world who deserved and deserves none of it. And I figured that it might be because I keep failing to see that God IS the ideal and that everything that comes from Him IS the ideal.
Too often, we keep delving into areas where we'd never find true satisfaction. We keep asking for more, and we don't stop till we reach our ideal. But God set the record straight by birthing THE ideal to earth. Imagine how much that would take of a Father, to send His greatest creation - The Ideal, to earth, to redeem a people so stained with sin.
I owe my life to the perfect King. The only one worth living for.
And I lose myself to Him completely when Christmas comes around because it compels so swiftly and immediately. There's no way I cannot reach the stage of surrender because His love broke right through my brokenness.
So God, today, I surrender.
I surrender an aching jaw that You caused me - For making me smile too much in a day :)
I surrender a life that is far from perfect - But perfected in Your hands.
I surrender a heart that is sin-stained - Cleansed by Your blood.
I surrender my hands that may have been misused - Availed for Your work and glory.
I surrender this temporal human body and flesh - For Your Holy Spirit's dwelling.
I surrender people in my life - Trusting that You'd do the same for them.
I surrender my future - Knowing I'll only receive the best, there's no doubt.
I surrender my smiles - Because I know You'll use them to bless others :)
And at 5am this morning, I will give the rest of 2008 to You.
Because You deserve all of me, after all You've done for me all through the year.
And at 5am this morning, I will dedicate 2009 to You.
Because You will be it.
I will say this again. I will, because I know You're compelling me more and more to say, I surrender.
You met me in the wind again God. Thank You :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home